Monday, April 7, 2014


There is always noise. The freeway, the bridge, the train station, the construction, the factories, the ships, the occasional outraged homeless person, the kids in the playground, the dishwasher that sounds like heavy machinery. What is it like for a baby growing up in a city? What's it like for you when we walk under the bridge? The environment in which you are growing up is very different than the one I grew up in. How will that affect the person you become? Will you love cities? Will you love noise? Will you crave quiet country air?

You are asleep in your stroller in the front hall. I hope you stay that way for a while because you are sick and haven't been sleeping well at night. I am eating a soggy sandwich.

You have four teeth now. Although they are tiny, I think that is another things you got from me - big front teeth. Did you get any of your dad's genes? You have started to stand on your own but your record is only two seconds. We play in your room a lot of the time these days but I know we are both looking forward to dry/warm weather so we can spend our days in the park.

I am starring at my soggy sandwich. I don't think I can finish it.




No comments:

Post a Comment