Friday, May 23, 2014

BREASTMILK


Has anyone seen Ricky Lakes new documentary about breastfeeding?? I just found out about it and can't wait to see it! I saw The Business of Being Born when I was in my early 20's and learning about child birth. I was hooked and had I not gone to design school I would have become a midwife. I am excited to see that she has made a new documentary - this time about breastmilk. 

I love, love, love breast feeding and at this point I dread the day I will begin weaning my boy. I am sure it will feel okay when the time is right.. Right...?

We are often told that breast milk is better. Better for babies, better for mothers, better for nutrition, health, well-being, and society. Many accept this and yet there are still very few women who succeed in breastfeeding exclusively for the recommended six months and beyond. What would it take to change?

Ps. They say human should breastfeed until age 7. I wish people would get there panties out of a bundle when they see someone breast feeding their 3 year old. Aren't there more important things to be concerned about?


No comments:

Post a Comment